In case of side effects from the use of pharmaceutical drugs of a developing direction, it is first necessary to consult a doctor and undergo a check. Take tests and identify the type of side effects.
The main types of side effects from steroids:
– The effect of steroid use on mood can range from pleasure to depression or signs of aggressiveness.
- skin edema.
- The use of steroids leads to impaired liver function. In this regard, people who use steroids often have significant deviations in liver function indices.
- Liver tumors may also develop.
Heart and blood vessels
- The use of steroids leads to an increase in blood pressure, thickening of the aortic wall, and can also lead to disorders of the heart. The consequences of steroid use may include sudden cardiac death.
- Against the background of steroid use, a significant increase in cholesterol levels is often observed (a decrease in the level of “good” cholesterol and an increase in the level of “bad” cholesterol).
- In addition, the risk of coronary heart disease and myocardial infarction is significantly increased.
Sexual function in men
- The use of steroids leads to a decrease in sperm production in the testicles (infertility) and an increase in the prostate gland.
- Against the background of prolonged use of steroids, wrinkling of the testicles is noted, as well as an increased risk of prostate cancer.
- In men, an increase in the mammary glands is noted.
- Sex drive may initially increase, but after prolonged use, impotence often develops.
Sexual function in women
- Anabolic steroids act like male sex hormones. The use of steroids leads to disruption of the menstrual cycle and a decrease in the size of the mammary glands.
- Roughness of voice is noted.
- In addition, an increase in the clitoris and wrinkling of the uterus may be observed.
General Harm Prevention
- Do not use large doses of drugs
- Do not do highly androgenic courses longer than 12-16 weeks
- Choose AS, which to a lesser extent inhibit the secretion of endogenous testosterone (it should be understood that prolonged use of any anabolic steroid inevitably leads to its complete stop)
- Give preference to drugs that are not toxic to the liver
- Monitor blood counts, hormonal status, biochemical parameters on an ongoing basis
- Use antiestrogens to restore testosterone secretion and prevent gynecomastia
Mythical harm of steroids
- Penile Length Reduction
- Brain damage
- Side effects always occur and they are irreversible
- After using AS, it is impossible to achieve muscle growth
- All steroids damage the liver and kidneys
- Pills are safer than injections (reverse situation)
- Using once, it is impossible to stop